Florida School Readiness Assessment
COR Advantage is one of four early learning pre- and post-assessments approved for School Readiness Programs by the State of Florida Department of Education. An authentic child assessment tool, COR Advantage is research-validated and can reliably serve the dual purpose of monitoring instruction and capturing program impact. The approved HighScope Infant-Toddler and Preschool Curriculum meet School Readiness Program performance standards; however, COR Advantage aligns with any approved curriculum. Assessment is documented and supported by examples from classroom activities, allowing teachers to determine developmental levels reliably and with confidence.
Selecting the right assessment tool not only helps you meet state requirements, but more importantly, provides a foundation for how both teachers and administrators
- Enhance the learning opportunities of young children.
- Support meaningful communications with families.
- Evaluate reliable data for monitoring progress.
- Capture key areas of development for children from varied backgrounds with diverse abilities.
- Measure language acquisition of English language learners.
When you choose COR Advantage as your program’s child assessment tool, you get:
- Accessible support from an organization committed to ongoing research on the optimal education of young children and best practices for early childhood programs.
- A reliable way to assess development in young children, regardless of abilities.
- Assistance in planning ways to broaden children’s learning opportunities.
- Information that meets reporting criteria for funders, including Head Start, Early Head Start, Migrant Head Start, and Florida’s School Readiness.
- Technology that supports the collection, scoring, monitoring, and retrieval of evidence documenting each child’s progress over time.
- Administrative and teacher reporting that supports progress monitoring, planning, and communications with key stakeholders.
- Compiled information to enable meaningful discussions between families and early childhood professionals that document each child’s growth through multiple sources. (Available in both English and Spanish.)
- Assessment items that measure child development across multiple domains, including English language acquisition.
- Support for teacher implementation of Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs) and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Face-to-face and online training provided by certified HighScope trainers.
COR Advantage in Florida
Documentation of young children’s developmental growth is one of the most important aspects of being a teacher. By incorporating a broad range for each developmental area being assessed, birth to kindergarten, COR Advantage ensures that the development of all children is represented and that the growth of each child is measurable over time.
COR Advantage enables teachers to be intentional, allows children to be ready for school, and ensures that Florida’s early childhood programs are accountable for their teachers and students, leading to a better return on the public’s investments.
Interested in learning more? Call the COR team at 800.587.5639, or e-mail us at CORteam@highscope.org.