HighScope Educational Research Foundation and Red-e Set Grow recognize the importance of protecting child information and we are committed to protecting your on-line experience while using the Red-e Leaner software.
HighScope Educational Research Foundation (HighScope) is a not-for-profit corporation in Ypsilanti, Michigan. CORAdvantage.org is a service offered by HighScope and Red-e Set Grow, LLC a North Carolina Limited Liability Company “Red-e Set Grow.” Both HighScope and Red-e Set Grow are dedicated to meeting the needs of its members with the highest regard to safety and privacy. By using the CORAdvantage.org service:
Collection and Protection of Information
We collect a limited amount of personal information from teachers, administrators and parents about themselves and their students in order to provide you with customized, personalized information about a child’s growth and development, we will ask you–not the child–for some specific information. During our registration process we will ask you to set up a username and password to establish secure access to your personal information.
Data Ownership and Use of Information
Any personal information that you provide will be held in strict confidence and security. In addition the following terms relating to the ownership and use of data apply to the use of the service:
- All personal information specific to a child will be exclusively owned by the registered user who creates an assessment, record and/or portfolio for such child. If such registered user is a teacher, administrator or other licensed user, however, all personal information specific to a child will be owned exclusively by the parents or legal guardians of the child, except that the school, school district or early childhood institution employing such teacher or other user will continue to have the right to use such data for educational and archival purposes and to permit other teachers, administrators and educators employed by such Early Childhood Institution to use such information for educational purposes.
- Assessments, developmental checklists and other individual reports entered by the teacher, administrator or other authorized user into the site are accessible only to teachers, administrators or other authorized users.
- The entry of all personal data and assessment data in CORAdvantage.org is the responsibility of the school; neither HighScope nor Red-e Set Grow assumes any responsibility to enter, collect or review such data.
- By using this service, or authorizing its use with regard to a child, the owner of personal information specific to such child grants HighScope and Red-e Set Grow a non-exclusive license to share information in the child’s Portfolio with professionals, educators, or teachers, for the sole purpose of promoting the education or development of the child and not for marketing purposes.
- In addition, by using or authorizing the use of the site, the owner of any data grants HighScope and Red-e Set Grow a non-exclusive license to compile aggregated, non-personal, non-individualized information for educational and other research purposes and for commercial use.
- Neither HighScope nor Red-e Set Grow will divulge your email address without your consent.
- Neither HighScope nor Red-e Set Grow will, without your consent rent, sell, or otherwise divulge your personal information to any third party except in a non-personalized, aggregated form.
- When you conduct a transaction through this site, you are providing transaction information to HighScope or Red-e Set Grows third party suppliers (such as transaction processors and financial institutions) who will use the information solely for the purpose of the transaction.
- HighScope and Red-e Set Grow reserves the right to contact you via email to notify you of important system changes or to obtain your consent to use personally identifiable data for any purpose not described above. HighScope and Red-e Set Grow will not use any personally identifiable data for any such purpose without your prior consent.
Transfers to United States
If you are located outside the United States, please note that the personal information you provide us will be transferred to the United States. Whenever you submit any personal data to us, you consent to this transfer.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Transmissions of information are encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use generally acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
The CORAdvantage.org site may contain links to other Websites. Please be aware that this privacy statement applies solely to the information collected in the CORAdvantage.org site. HighScope and/or Red-e Set Grow are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites. We encourage you to be aware when you are leaving the CORAdvantage.org site and read the privacy statement of the site that you visit prior to providing any personal information.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of this site, you agree that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You also agree to reimburse us for any damage, loss, cost or expense we incur including legal fees if you do use this site for an unlawful or prohibited purpose.
Offline Activity Usage
The CORAdvantage.org service contains a library of online developmental Activities. Some of these Activities emphasize a child’s motor skills and may have inherent risks of personal injury. Other Activities may require the use of materials that could harm a child if swallowed. No user of this service should permit any child to engage in offline activities without proper adult supervision.
Copyright and Proprietary Rights
You may not modify this site, Other Sites, or any material residing on such sites, except for the material you create in a child’s portfolio. You shall observe copyright and other restrictions imposed by Other Sites. You may not use this site or Other Sites in any manner that infringes on the rights of any person or entity.
In addition, your use of any software you download from this site will be governed by the terms of the end-user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the software. You may not install or use any software that is accompanied by or includes a license agreement unless you first agree to the terms of that license agreement. For any software not accompanied by a license agreement, we hereby grant to you, the user, a limited, personal, nontransferable and nonexclusive license to use the software for your own personal, non-commercial use in accordance with these terms and conditions and for no other purpose.
Domain names and trademarks of Other Sites, or contained in information accessed at Other Sites, are the sole property of their respective owners. No affiliation with, endorsement of, or sponsorship by HighScope or Red-e Set Grow should be inferred.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance
If you have copyright concerns about the materials posted by others, please let us know. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512). If you have any complaints or objections to material posted on this site, please contact our Designated Agent:
P.O. Box 1674
Clemmons, NC 27012
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. HIGHSCOPE, RED-E SET GROW, OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR OUR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS SITE AT ANY TIME.
HIGHSCOPE, RED-E SET GROW, OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR OUR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. HIGHSCOPE, RED-E SET GROW, OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR OUR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. HIGHSCOPE AND RED-E SET GROW MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PROTECT YOUR SECURITY, BUT, BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS AN INSECURE MEDIUM, NEITHER HIGHSCOPE, RED-E SET GROW NOR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH THIS SITE WILL NECESSARILY BE SECURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL HIGHSCOPE, RED-E SET GROW, OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR OUR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ANY OF HIGHSCOPE, RED-E SET GROW, OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR OUR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF RED-E SET GROW, OUR AFFILIATES, AND OUR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY DEFAULT HEREUNDER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR USE OF THIS SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This agreement shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of The State of Michigan, U.S.A., without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly disclaimed. You hereby consent to this choice of law, and to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the State of Michigan U.S.A., for all disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement and/or to the use of this site. Use of this site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and HighScope or Red-e Set Grow or any of our affiliates or suppliers as a result of this agreement or use of this site.
Our performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of our right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this site or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.
If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Any waiver (express or implied) by either party of any breach of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Though CORAdvantage.org will never ask for private information from children, we are aware of the policies that protect children, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the rules adopted by the Federal Trade Commission there under.
c/o Red-e Set Grow, LLC
P.O. Box 1674
Clemmons, North Carolina 27012